WHEN GOD DEPARTS FROM YOU


1Samuel 28:15 Samuel said to Saul, "Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?" "I am in great distress," Saul said. "The Philistines are fighting against me, and God has departed from me. He no longer answers me, either by prophets or by dreams. So I have called on you to tell me what to do."

Outright folly displayed by Saul again. Trying to consult the spirit of prophet Samuel to come to his aid. Beloved God is omnipresent, yes but there are places where He will never be. God can depart from people and places. When God created the world, he carved a place called Eden where He was present. So from all of creation, God could only be found in Eden. In the natural, you are present or represented in a place where you appear either personally or by sending a representative. Saul came to a place where he was not hearing from God nor his representatives. And he declared the Lord has departed from me. Beloved the Lord can depart from us if we don't mend our ways and repent from our sins. The problem of Saul was pride. He felt big to ever go to God and ask for forgiveness. But not so with David when the prophet Nathan spoke to him about his sin, he rented his cloth in humility and pleaded mercy on his life. Both David and Saul knew that the presence of God can leave a person. Davids's prayer in Psalm 51:11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. God can depart from you if you don't mend your ways. Adam sinned, Saul sinned, David sinned but David did not lose God's presence why? David unlike Adam and Saul did not give excuses not did he play blame games but he immediately accepted his fault and pleaded for mercy.
Psalms 51:1-2 Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. Repent and plea for mercy before the Lord departs from you.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, I have sinned against you, have mercy on me and deliver me from the power of sin in Jesus' name. Amen.

Kindly leave a prayer request, comment, testimonies, and support the ministry @ Worddigestdailydevotional.blogspot.com. 
The Lady Evangelist Kim
gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com


Comments

Popular Posts