ALLOW THE WORD TO DIGEST


Revelation 10:9-10 So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, "Take it and eat it. It will turn your stomach sour, but ’in your mouth, it will be as sweet as honey.’ I took the little scroll from the angel’s hand and ate it. It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour.

The taste of what we take inside is felt in the mouth, not the stomach. No matter how sweet and delicious a portion of food may taste it form changes in the stomach. The stomach does not pamper the food once it gets there, is the mouth that is selective and sometimes throws out food and stuff that does not seem pleasant to it. When food gets to there is digested and the nutrients are distributed to the various cells, tissues, and organs in the body. The output is determined by your input. The word of God is the scroll we must take and it. The word is sweet in our mouth but when it gets into our inner being it works on us. Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Unlike the food, we take in that automatically digest when we take in, the word of God but be missed with faith for the word to become profitable. Hebrews 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

The word of God is unfruitful if it does not work on our inner man for an outward reflection.

Prayer: Lord Jesus I yield myself to your word let it on me and make me productive in Jesus' name.  Amen

Kindly leave a prayer request, comment, testimonies, and support the ministry @ Worddigestdailydevotional.blogspot.com. 
The Lady Evangelist Kim
gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts