SELFLESS LEADERSHIP


Deuteronomy 9:13-14 "Furthermore the Lord spoke to me, saying, `I have seen this people, and indeed they are a stiff-necked people. Let Me alone, that I may destroy them and blot out their name from under heaven; and I will make of you a nation mightier and greater than they.`

What a fine opportunity offered to Moses
that God will quickly wipe away all the other Israelis and build something new with Him. The name of Isreal would have been missing in action and we would have had the Mosesites. But no! Not not Moses he chose the path of selfless leadership which is missing in our generation today.

He Remembered the names by which God called him and commissioned him at mount Horeb. Exodus 3:6-7  I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” When Moses heard this, he covered his face because he was afraid to look at God. Then the lord told him, “I have certainly seen the oppression of my people in Egypt. I have heard their cries of distress because of their harsh slave drivers. Yes, I am aware of their suffering.

When you are called into leadership you have been called from a source and for a people. You won't go far if you reject your source and neglect the people you are called to oversee. Today everybody wants a name for him or herself like the agenda to build the tower of Babel. Genesis 11:4 And they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower whose top is in the heavens; let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth." Such mandates and missions are halted by God with confusion. Severally Moses was given the option to be chosen over the entire people of Isreal and his answer remained the same no.

Exodus 32:10-12 Now therefore, let Me alone, that My wrath may burn hot against them and I may consume them. And I will make of you a great nation." Then Moses pleaded with the Lord his God, and said: "Lord, why does Your wrath burn hot against Your people whom You have brought out of the land of Egypt with great power and with a mighty hand? Why should the Egyptians speak, and say, `He brought them out to harm them, to kill them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth`? Turn from Your fierce wrath, and relent from this harm to Your people. A selfless leader always defends the integrity of God and the people.

Solomon became a great leader because he had the people at heart. He said God give me wisdom because of your people. Eventually, this great leader Moses did not enter the promised land because of the people. But he was never bitter, he continued in his leadership duty till he was taken. As your aim should never be to do well at the expense of the people you are leading.

Prayer: Lord Jesus Christ touch my heart and give me a mental shift about leadership. Help me and leaders across the world to be selfless in all they do in Jesus' name. Amen.

Kindly leave a prayer request, comment, or testimony via Email:gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com 
WhatsApp:+233551798111
Call: 0542624134
Send your support for the ministry via MTN MOBILE MONEY NUMBER: 0551798111

Comments

Popular Posts