THE FIRSTBORN CALL


Malachi 1:5-6 You will see it with your own eyes and say, ’Great is the LORD —even beyond the borders of Israel!’  "A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?" says the LORD Almighty. "It is you priests who show contempt for my name. "But you ask, ’How have we shown contempt for your name?’

Jacob, I love Esau I hate. One of the biased statements in the Bible I believe. God loves everyone but why does He state categorically He hates Esau. Esau like our forefather Adam despised his birthright as the child of Isaac. He dishonoured God who gave him that privilege. God loved Adam as the firstborn of all creation but when he denied that role the earth was cursed because of that. Genesis 3:17-18 To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ’You must not eat from it,’ "Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil, you will eat food from it all the days of your life. It will produce thorns and thistles for you, and you will eat the plants of the field. The earth is cursed because of Adam's sin so is the Land of Edom cursed because of Esau's sin. Malachi 1:3 but Esau I have hated, and I have turned his hill country into a wasteland and left his inheritance to the desert jackals." We also have become the first of God through Christ. Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect. You are also God's firstborn but if you reject that privilege God will forever deny you. As firstborns of God let us honour God to perpetually stay under His blessings.

Prayer: Lord Jesus Christ I thank you for the call to be your firstborn. I pray for Grace to walk in obedience so I do not miss out on the blessings of the firstborn. Amen.

Kindly leave a prayer request, comment, testimonies, and support the ministry @ Worddigestdailydevotional.blogspot.com. 
The Lady Evangelist Kim
gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com


Comments

Popular Posts