THE SPIRIT OF CALEB


Joshua 14:12 So give me the hill country that the lord promised me. You will remember that as scouts we found the descendants of Anak living there in great, walled towns. But if the lord is with me, I will drive them out of the land, just as the lord said.”

Caleb was part of the twelve spies who were sent by Moses to scout the promised land. He and Joshua were the two among the twelve that brought a good report. When he was sent on the mission he was about forty years and now at eighty - five he came to Joshua to claim the inheritance that was given him forty - five years ago. When Caleb came to claim his inheritance this is what he said.

Joshua 14:11-13 As yet I am as strong this day as on the day that Moses sent me; just as my strength was then, so now is my strength for war, both for going out and for coming in. Now therefore, give me this mountain of which the Lord spoke in that day; for you heard in that day how the Anakim were there, and that the cities were great and fortified. It may be that the Lord will be with me, and I shall be able to drive them out as the Lord said." And Joshua blessed him, and gave Hebron to Caleb the son of Jephunneh as an inheritance.

One thing Caleb had was divine strength. At eighty - five his strength was like the days of his youth. What made this possible? Isaiah 40:30-31 has the answer.  Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Strength has nothing to do with youthfulness but it has everything to do with waiting on God.

Any spiritual activity you undertake in spirit and truth is waiting on God; it includes you giving time and resources, prayer, evangelism, fasting, studying the word, worship, exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit etc. Those who wait on God can inherit every blessing given no matter their age. Father Abraham and Sarah in their old got the promised child because they waited on God. Anna the prophet, Zechariah the high priest, Hannah, the young shepherd boy David and many more all had their breakthrough and saw the promise of God manifest in their lives because they waited on God.  The young and old can all possess their possession if only we will all wait on God.

Prayer: Holy Spirit stir up the desire in me to worship the Father in Spirit and truth. I wait on you Father let my eyes see and let my feet step upon and let my hands handle every blessing that is due me in Jesus' name. Amen.

Kindly leave a prayer request, comment, or testimony via Email:gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com 
WhatsApp:+233551798111
Call: 0542624134
Send your support for the ministry via MTN MOBILE MONEY NUMBER: 0551798111

Comments

Popular Posts