FOLLOWERS OF THE WAY


Acts 24:14 “But I admit that I follow the Way, which they call a cult. I worship the God of our ancestors, and I firmly believe the Jewish law and everything written in the prophets.

Christians in many ways have faced persecution because of our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. One of our beliefs that has attracted hatred is the truth that Jesus Christ is the only way. Every religion thrives on the foundations of the forerunner. 1 Corinthians 3:11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have—Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the "only way" is a fundamental truth of our faith and we are not apologetic about it.

In John fourteen where Jesus Christ revealed this truth, He was talking about a location or a destination where He was going to prepare for His followers and through this truth He was urging them to continue to have faith in Him. John 14:2-5 In My Father`s house are many mansions;  if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know." Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?"

The answer to Thomas is what we have in John 14:6 Jesus said to him,  "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. Facts are clear here on earth that when it comes to locations there are different ways and means of getting to the same location. For example, you have alternative routes you use when you want to get to your workplace, home, school, church etc.

Even within the confines of our home, different doors connect to a particular room. Beloved you have to understand that when Jesus Christ was referring to Himself as the "THE WAY" He was not referring to earthly locations but Heaven the abode of God. If there is only one Heaven and Hell then there must be an only way that leads to them and Jesus Christ is the only way to Heaven while the devil is the way to hell. "There are different routes and roads that lead to the same geographical area or destination but the destination to Heaven has only "One Way" and The Lord Jesus Christ is THE ONLY WAY "

John 10:7-9 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. Jesus Christ is the door to salvation to your salvation and the way to Heaven. You are saved through Him and you enter into eternity through Him.

Prayer: Lord Jesus Christ thank you for being the door to my salvation and the way to my destination in eternity. Holy Spirit help and direct me to follow The Way to the very end in Jesus' name. Amen

Kindly leave a prayer request, comment, or testimony via Email:gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com 
WhatsApp:+233551798111
Call: 0542624134
Send your support for the ministry via MTN MOBILE MONEY NUMBER: 0551798111

Comments

Popular Posts