TODAY'S REST


Hebrews 4:7 God again set a certain day, calling it "Today." This he did when a long time later he spoke through David, as in the passage already quoted: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts."

Today is a day set by the Lord. Is a day where God has designed for you to enter His rest only if you will not harden your heart. Today you are hearing the voice of the Lord and you have to soften your heart to receive the message in the voice. God wants to you give you rest and this rest is in Christ Jesus. Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." The rest of God is no longer in a day but is found in a person and that person is Christ Jesus. To find this rest you must take on the yoke of Christ and learn from Him, then you will find rest for your soul. Is it not an irony that the one who has promised to give us rest is asking us to take on his yoke? Christ Jesus knew that we feel we have been lied to in the next verse He explains and says my yoke is easy and burden is light. Putting on the yoke of Christ in addition to your burdens does not increase your burden but rather the later yoke is an antidote that expels your burden and gives you access to the rest of God. Today if you would accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour you would experience the rest of God. Today is your day of rest.

Prayer: Lord Jesus Christ I accept you into my life and my Lord and personal saviour. I take on your yoke that can expel my heavy burdens. Thank you Jesus for giving me access to the rest of God.

Kindly leave a prayer request, comment, testimonies, and support the ministry @ Worddigestdailydevotional.blogspot.com. 
The Lady Evangelist Kim
gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts