THE HARD TRUTH




Jeremiah 29:10-11 "The truth is that you will be in Babylon for seventy years. But then I will come and do for you all the good things I have promised, and I will bring you home again. *For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

The people of Israel were hoping they will not go into captivity despite their sinful actions towards God. At a point, they pretended they had repented so the Lord can forgive them and reverse His Judgement towards them. But their repentance was not genuine so God ignored them. God looks beyond the outward He looks at the heart. The bible never said, If my people who are called by name will pretend and seek me then I will heal the land it says if they *Repent*. If a wicked king like Ahab could receive the mercy of God, we are not out of reach of God's mercy. Let stop pretending and come to the Lord with a rendered heart, is only when we do this that we will receive the mercy of the Lord.

Prayer: Father in the name of Jesus Christ rend my heart to genuinely repent and follow the ways of the Lord truthfully in Jesus name Amen.

Kindly leave a prayer request, a comment,  share and support the ministry @ Worddigestdailydevotional.blogspot.com.
The Lady Evangelist Kim
gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts