SORROW


2 Corinthians 7:10 For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death.

Apostle Paul in writings to the church of Corinth addressed several issues through letters that were received with mixed emotions. There was a particular letter that Paul wrote that made the people sorrowful. 2 Corinthians 7:8-9 I am not sorry that I sent that severe letter to you, though I was sorry at first, for I know it was painful to you for a little while. Now I am glad I sent it, not because it hurt you, but because the pain caused you to repent and change your ways. It was the kind of sorrow God wants his people to have, so they were not harmed by us in any way. According to God's word, there are two kinds of sorrow. Godly sorrow and worldly sorrow.

You experience Godly sorrow when you accept Godly rebuke and discipline in the Lord that leads to true repentance. 2 Corinthians 7:10 For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for that kind of sorrow. Hebrews 12:11 No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterwards, there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way. Wordly sorrow on the other hand comes with pain, hurt and tears but there is no repentance and it results in spiritual death. Hebrews 3:9-11 There your ancestors tested and tried my patience, even though they saw my miracles for forty years. So I was angry with them, and I said, ‘Their hearts always turn away from me. They refuse to do what I tell them.’ So in my anger, I took an oath. ‘They will never enter my place of rest.’

Prayer: Father in the Lord Jesus Christ give me the heart that accepts rebuke and genuinely repents in Jesus' name. Amen.

Kindly leave a prayer request, comment, or testimony via Email:gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com 
WhatsApp:+233551798111
Call: 0542624134
Send your support for the ministry via MTN MOBILE MONEY NUMBER: 0551798111

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts