COMMITMENT


2 Samuel 11:11 Uriah replied, “The Ark and the armies of Israel and Judah are living in tents, and Joab and my master’s men are camping in the open fields. How could I go home to wine and dine and sleep with my wife? I swear that I would never do such a thing.”

No one rejects the offer of a King but Uriah bodly rejected King David's offer for him to go home and have fun with his wife while God's army was at the war front. It was not like Uriah suspected anything fishy or was it that he had heard rumours about the King and his wife, No! He refused to go because of His commitment to his assignment to the army of Israel. David was the commander of Chief of Israel's army yet Uriah defiled his order to go home and rest. Uriah's first commitment was to God and his assignment first. Any order contrary to that he ignored. His attitude depicts a true follower of God. Jesus affirmed Uriah's stance in Luke 14:26-27 "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. For Uriah, it was about seeking the Kingdom of God and its righteousness first.

Again, Uriah was committed to his superiors or leaders. Joab was the commander of the army of Israel and Uriah said no I can't go home to wine and dine with my wife while Joab and my master's are in the open fields. Any person committed to God genuinely is committed to his or her superiors and leaders. You can't say you are committed to God only and you owe no man any commitment that an error. Note that Uriah's commitment was with his superiors who were working in the Lord's army. Uriah showed more commitment to the men at the war front fighting the cause of course of God's Kingdom than heeding to King David who was living at ease during that moment in the palace. Be committed to God's end-time assignment and committed to people pushing God's agenda in these times.

Prayer: Holy Spirit birth in me a fresh desire and commitment to you and the people you have placed over my life in Jesus' name. Amen.

Kindly leave a prayer request, comment, or testimony via Email:gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com 
WhatsApp:+233551798111
Call: 0542624134
Send your support for the ministry via MTN MOBILE MONEY NUMBER: 0551798111

Comments

Popular Posts