AFTER DEATH


2 Samuel 12:23 But why should I fast when he is dead? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him one day, but he cannot return to me.”

2 Samuel 12:20 So David arose from the ground, washed and anointed himself, and changed his clothes; and he went into the house of the Lord and worshiped. Then he went to his own house; and when he requested, they set food before him, and he ate. This action of David surprised his advisors. Freshening up and feasting after the death of the child he had with Uriah's wife. Am sure the culture of eating after burial services came from this act of David. What was David's response to their shock? 2 Samuel 12:22-23 And he said, "While the child was alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, `Who can tell whether the Lord  will be gracious to me, that the child may live?` But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me."
David's brings out some issues from his
response. The first is that we don't have to give up on people with an iota of life in them. No matter how hopeless the situation may be, once the person has not been declared dead, you must keep fasting, praying and weeping unto God perhaps He will be gracious to grant the person life.

Secondly, David points out the issue of eternity thus life after death. Eternity is not a New Testament teaching only. It runs through the bible from old to new. 2 Samuel 12:23b I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me." David's response also teaches that there is nothing any human can do to alter the eternal destination of any individual. Tears, fasting and prayers will not change one's eternal destination. What we can do to secure people's eternal life is to tell our household and those outside about Jesus Christ and be sure of where they will be spending eternity after death. David was sure of the eternal destination of his dead child.  Are you sure of where you and your household will spend eternity? 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14 And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died so you will not grieve like people who have no hope. Since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the believers who have died.

Prayer: Lord Jesus Christ unto I commit my life and those of my household. I believe in you, be merciful, Holy Spirit convict all around me that they believe so we all spend eternity in your glorious presence in Jesus' name. Amen.

Kindly leave a prayer request, comment, or testimony via Email:gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com 
WhatsApp:+233551798111
Call: 0542624134
Send your support for the ministry via MTN MOBILE MONEY NUMBER: 0551798111

Comments

Popular Posts