PUBLIC ACCOUNTS WITH INTEGRITY


1 Samuel 12:3-4 Now testify against me in the presence of the lord and before his anointed one. Whose ox or donkey have I stolen? Have I ever cheated any of you? Have I ever oppressed you? Have I ever taken a bribe and perverted justice? Tell me and I will make right whatever I have done wrong.” “No,” they replied, “you have never cheated or oppressed us, and you have never taken even a single bribe.”

Prophet Samuel at the inaugural service of King Saul was also giving his end-of-tenure account. This marked a remarkable season in the life of the people of Israel. They had moved from Theocracy- the rulership of  God to Anthropocacy - the rulership of humans. As sad as it was for Prophet Samuel that was what the people wanted. 1 Samuel 8:5-7 And they said to him, "Look, you are old, and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now make us a king to judge us like all the nations." But the thing displeased Samuel when they said, "Give us a king to judge us." So Samuel prayed to the Lord. And the Lord said to Samuel, "Heed the voice of the people in all that they say to you; for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me, that I should not reign over them. End-of-service ceremonies are usually coloured with appreciation speeches and goodwill messages, accountability is rarely seen in there. Even if there is a slot for accountability it is not subjected to question, especially in Africa. But not so with prophet Samuel when he was ending his service he opened himself up for public scrutiny. What a man, He takes a man who has not soiled himself to do this. And the people indeed testified of his credibility. In our part of our world, those on the committees have been bribed to overlook relevant issues. How sad! As a leader can you subject yourself to public scrutinizing and be found blameless?  You can give a perfect speech at the end of your tenure to impress the masses but God knows your true state and until you repent your evil deeds will not go unpunished.

Prayer: Father forgive me in any leadership where I have soiled myself and compromised. Holy Spirit help me to be truthful in the leadership position you have given me in Jesus' name. Amen.

Kindly leave a prayer request, comment, or testimony via Email:gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com 
WhatsApp:+233551798111
Call: 0542624134
Send your support for the ministry via MTN MOBILE MONEY NUMBER: 0551798111

Comments

  1. Father In Heaven, Direct Us In Your Way, Even Those In Leadership As Well.
    Amen And Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts