OUR NEED FOR GOD

Ezekiel 15:2-3 "Son of man, how does a grapevine compare to a tree? Is a vine's wood as useful as the wood of a tree?
Can its wood be used for making things, like pegs to hang up pots and pans?

The whole of chapter fifteen of Ezekiel talks about Jerusalem as a useless vine. It goes further to describe the features of a vine; it states that vines cannot be used for making like pegs, pots, or pans.
Ezekiel 15:4-5 No, it can only be used for fuel, and even as fuel, it burns too quickly.
Vine branches are useless both before and after being put into the fire! This is how weak vines are. Then Jesus comes and says in
John 15:1-5 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.  He cuts off every branch that doesn't produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful apart from me.  "Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. As humans, we are fragile and easy prey to the devil without Jesus Christ. Without God, we can't make it in life. Our life is likened to a vine, not a tree; we are useless with God, no wonder Paul said in The Acts 17:28a ’For in him we live and move and have our being.’ Our survival comes from our total dependence on God.

Prayer: Lord Jesus Christ, I have come to know that there is nothing I can do without you; I surrender my will and ways; you help me come out useful in Jesus' name. Amen.

K


indly leave a prayer request, comment, testimonies, and support the ministry @ Worddigestdailydevotional.blogspot.com. 
Email:gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com
WhatsApp: +233551798111

Comments

Popular Posts