WISDOM IN RELATING WITH OTHERS

Proverbs 18:24 A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

A man who has friends must himself be friendly: This is a basic but often ignored principle. If you want friends, you should be friendly to others.
There is a friend who sticks closer than a brother: Even when a man has friends, there is something that will disappoint in human friendship. The flesh and blood friends of this world are important and a blessing, but we need the friend who sticks closer than a brother – Jesus Christ Himself, who called us no longer servants but friends (John 15:14-15).
 You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. The bond of real friendship is often closer than the natural tie. The friendship between David and Jonathan is such an example.
The transition between the plural (friends) and the singular (a friend) is significant. “It is better to have one good, faithful friend than numerous unreliable ones.”. “In many cases, the genuine friend has shown more attachment and rendered greater benefits... “The friend whose loyalty transcends the solidarity of blood is realized in Jesus Christ.
Now I have a question to ask: that question I ask of every man and every woman in this place, and of every child too – Is Jesus Christ your friend? Have you a friend at court – at heaven’s court? Is the Judge of quick and dead your friend? Can you say that you love him, and has he ever revealed himself in the way of love to you? Dear hearer, do not answer that question for thy neighbor; answer it for thyself. Peer or peasant, rich or poor, learned or illiterate, this question is for each of you, therefore, ask it. Is Christ my friend?”

Prayer: Immortal God, may Your name be forever praised, I thank you for your words this day that, I have learned that You are a friend that sticks closer than a brother, thank you for your unfailing love, I accept this friendship this day and stick to it, in Jesus name. Amen

Kindly leave a prayer request, a comment,  share and support the ministry @ Worddigestdailydevotional.blogspot.com. 
The Lady Evangelist Kim
gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com



Comments

Popular Posts