WHO NEEDS GOD?


Isaiah 31:1 What sorrow awaits those who look to Egypt for help, trusting their horses, chariots, and charioteers and depending on the strength of human armies instead of looking to the Lord, the Holy One of Israel.

Have you ever set yourself out to accomplish a task on your own without help from anyone else? I learned early in life that trying to do anything on your own is usually not the best idea. So, instead of relying on myself, I relied on bigger, wiser, more experienced people for the help I needed. Soon enough, one also realizes that those bigger, wiser, more experienced people also need help. Who do you go to then? Well, I’ll let Isaiah answer that for us…

Apparently, God’s people were looking for physical help in the wrong place instead of looking for God to help them out. In their distress, they saw the physical strength of the Egyptians and thought to rely on them for safety. Meanwhile, God encourages them to look to Him! God is willing to protect His own people as a loving Father would care for his children. Especially when trying to overcome spiritual forces, one cannot simply rely on their own strength to overcome (Ephesians 6:12). When faced with a challenge, the first person who we should go to is our friend Jesus. None other can satisfy. None other can give us the victory we need. Not you, not I…Christ alone.
May God continue to help us to have our hopes on Him alone.

Prayer: Dear Lord, I pray and commit my Spirit Soul, and body into your hands, I want to trust and love you alone, so help me in Jesus name.Amen

Kindly leave a prayer request, comment, testimonies, and support the ministry @ Worddigestdailydevotional.blogspot.com.
The Lady Evangelist Kim
gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts