BE FEARLESS


Isaiah 41:10: "So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

The Bible tells us God is not the originator of fear (2 Timothy 1:7). The enemy of our souls loves it when we are afraid. Satan will do anything to get our eyes off of the Savior.

Remember when Peter saw Jesus on the water and wanted to get out of the boat and join him? The weather was not great when Peter made his decision. But looking at Jesus, he decided to do it. Peter felt the water beneath his feet. One step, two steps. But then he took his eyes off of Jesus and immediately went down. Just like we do when we start letting the wind and waves that scare us eclipse our faith.

You can read that account in Matthew 14:22-33. It’s important to note when Peter called out to the Lord, Jesus did not reprimand him, nor did he shame Peter.

Instead, Jesus immediately reached down, lifting him out of his predicament. Just like God does for us. Faith believes without seeing the desired result (Hebrews 11:1)

Fear worries about how things will turn out, looking at the circumstances.

It is possible to have faith in God and still be fearful. You don’t doubt that God is able to work; but, you’re not certain what God will choose to do. We think about our circumstances and come up with an idea of how God could make things better. The problem is, we’re often wrong.
God tells us to fear not because he goes through the trials with us. He is there no matter what we’re facing (Psalm 46:1-3). But we need to dwell on God’s truths and his character.

Prayer: Dear Father, I bring my fear before you. I know you are almighty. I know you are sovereign. But sometimes I’m still afraid. Father, please keep reminding me of all the wonderful things you have done for me. Remind me of all the times you were with me when life got hard. Thank you, God, for your constant love, even when I have doubts and fears.  I put faith over fear, my hope is You, keep on strengthening me in Jesus' name. Amen

Kindly leave a prayer request, comment, testimonies, and support the ministry @ Worddigestdailydevotional.blogspot.com.
The Lady Evangelist Kim
gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts