THE FAVORED ONES


Isaiah 66:2 Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?" declares the LORD. "These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word.

Living in a self-sufficient culture, pride is something in which we can easily get caught up. We can look to our accomplishments, degrees, cars, money, and sometimes even our own spiritual life and believe that we’re on top of the world. Sometimes, it may even be the insignificant things in life that we use as “points” in our favor, to put ourselves over others. I can recall several times when I thought of myself as “better” than someone else. And yet, despite my pride, God was, and is, patient with me and willing to mold me into a humble servant.

Isaiah 66Jesus’ first words in the Sermon on the Mount highlight what this passage says, “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” Our Savior did not only preach this message He lived it and made His life a legacy for us to imitate. Paul spoke of Jesus’ mindset as he wrote, “Though He was God, He did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, He gave up His divine privileges; He took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When He appeared in human form, He humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross.” What a contrast to Satan’s attitude described in Isaiah 14:14! The favor of the Lord is with those who are humble and obedient to his word.

My invitation to you today is to surrender your “self” to God and allow His will to be done. Are you willing to humble yourself at Jesus' feet today?

Prayer: Dear Lord, my sincerest prayer is the grace to always to remain humbled in your presence in Jesus' name.Amen

Kindly leave a prayer request, comment, testimonies, and support the ministry @ Worddigestdailydevotional.blogspot.com.
The Lady Evangelist Kim
gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts