THE BETTER OPTION


Psalms 37:16-17 It is better to be godly and have little than to be evil and possess much. For the strength of the wicked will be shattered, but the Lord takes care of the godly.

This portion of scripture sums up what Pau told Timothy in 1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. Many have pierced themselves and fallen into snares because of discontentment. David is sharing a vital truth with us. He lived long enough in his walk with God to be named a man of God's own heart, if a man after God's heart advises you then don't take it for granted. I don't know the evil decisions you have taken or the plans you are yet to take just to possess much. Today, people will go to every extent just to make money. They don't mind killing, destroying relationships, tarnishing someone's image, or even risking their own life to get wealth. Today get rich quick schemes abound in our society and people are not shy about it anymore. The cliche now is anything for more money. But no, God is calling us to a better life and that is, it is better to be godly with little than to be evil and have much. This same David was onetime overwhelmed by the prosperity of the wicked until God gave him a revelation of their end. Psalms 73:2 -19 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold. For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
They have no struggles; their bodies are healthy and strong.  When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny. How suddenly are they destroyed, completely swept away by terrors! Beloved don't thread the ways of wicked people because you want to make money. Trust the process, continue in your genuine hustle and remember the Lord your God for it is Him that gives you the power to prosper.

Prayer: Father in the name of Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit rid my heart from envying the prosperity of the wicked. Bless the works of my hands and give me satisfaction for my labour in Jesus' name. Amen

Kindly leave a prayer request, comment, testimonies, and support for the ministry @ Worddigestdailydevotional.blogspot.com. 
Email:gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com
WhatsApp: +233551798111





















































































Comments

Popular Posts