AUDACIOUS PRAYERS


Psalms 30:8-10 I cried out to you, O Lord. I begged the Lord for mercy, saying, "What will you gain if I die, if I sink down into the grave? Can my dust praise you from the grave? Can it tell the world of your faithfulness? Hear me, Lord, and have mercy on me. Help me, O Lord."

David gives us an example of approaching God when we are in overwhelming situations. Abraham, the father of faith, put similar questions to God in his intercession for his nephew's lot in the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, and God granted his request. God hears all kinds of prayers, and out of His nature of mercy, He answers. Asking God questions like what will you gain when I die and or sink in the grave may sound disturbing to some people, but at times, that was how David was feeling, and he did hide his frustration from God in prayer. Before we open our mouths to speak, God knows the state of our hearts. Prayer is not a place to be pretentious; it is a time where we approach God as our situation and call on His mercy.
Hebrews 4:15-16 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Prayer: Father in the name of Jesus Christ if I am not helped and about to be disgraced, and your name is at stake, Lord have mercy on me and rewrite my story that I may proclaim your faithfulness in the assembly of the people in Jesus' name. Amen

Kindly leave a prayer request, comment, testimonies, and support the ministry @ Worddigestdailydevotional.blogspot.com. 
Email:gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com
WhatsApp: +233551798111

Comments

Popular Posts