CHARACTERISTICS OF WICKEDNESS


Psalms 10:2 -4  The wicked arrogantly hunt down the poor. Let them be caught in the evil they plan for others.  For they brag about their evil desires; they praise the greedy and curse the lord. The wicked are too proud to seek God. They seem to think that God is dead.

You may be wicked and not know. Wickedness comes in diverse forms and shapes. In a world where good people clap for evil and chastise goodliness you have to be careful not to fall into wickedness.

Genesis 39:8- 9 But he refused and said to his master’s wife, “Look, my master does not know what is with me in the house, and he has committed all that he has to my hand. There is no one greater in this house than I, nor has he kept back anything from me but you, because you are his wife. How can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?” Anything you do contrary to the word or against God is wickedness. Psalms nine give us some characteristics of wicked.

The first is that they hunt down the poor. Anyone who takes advantage of the poor is a wicked person. Jesus said the poor you will always have with you. Synonyms to poor are needy, lacking in something, destitute, helpless, powerless etc. When you take advantage of or abuse someone because of a lack or need of something it is called wickedness. The second thing evil people do is that they brag about their evil desires. Meaning they pride themselves in talking about the things they do that are not in line with God's word. They are not ashamed to talk about the bribes they take, they pride themselves in fornication, adultery, homosexual acts, rape, abuse, violence, corruption etc. If you can raise your chest high about these things and more then you are wicked.
Another trait of wickedness is that they praise greediness or evil. When you clap for, sponsor and endorse  things contrary to God's word you are wicked. When you cheer your friend who is dating a married man or woman, supervising an abortion, congratulating some for funds embezzled and so on thus wickedness.

The worse trait of wickedness is when you don't acknowledge God and you are too proud to seek Him. That one is called foolishness. Psalms 14:1
The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.”  Beloved there is a God who want to save you as much as you desire to save yourself.
Romans 7:19- 25b For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do —this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me.For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Prayer: Lord Jesus Christ deliver me from wickedness, I surrender my life to you from this day, help to do the good I desire in Jesus name. Amen

Kindly leave a prayer request, comment, or testimony via Email:gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com 
WhatsApp:+233551798111
Call: 0542624134
Send your support for the ministry via MTN MOBILE MONEY NUMBER: 0551798111

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts