THE ENVIABLE VINEYARD


1 Kings 21:2 One day Ahab said to Naboth, “Since your vineyard is so convenient to my palace, I would like to buy it to use as a vegetable garden. I will give you a better vineyard in exchange, or if you prefer, I will pay you for it.”

I would like to buy it to use as a vegetable garden. I will give you a better vineyard in exchange. This line of scripture from our key verse for today shows how discontent a person can be. 
If King Ahab had a better vineyard why would he want that of Naboth? Ahab wanted to take what he did not have from Naboth. Naboth means fruit. What kind of fruit was Naboth bearing?

John 15:1 -4 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. Naboth's vineyard was fruitful because he was connected to God. He did not have much but he had everything because he had God in whom he abided. The rich and powerful King Ahab could not understand why the vineyard of an ordinary man Naboth was doing so well. He claimed he had a better one but nothing can be better without God. Like many rich people instead of Ahab drawing close to ask Naboth about his fruitfulness, he wanted to buy it with money. Some things are not bought they are God-given. Most rich people keep buying properties, and investments from people, and sometimes like Ahab they kill to have it to appear fruitful.

But that is not the way to fruitfulness. We become fruitful when we are connected to God. Fruitfulness comes from abiding in God. Again while Naboth was bearing the fruit of the spirit as stated in Galatians 5:22-23 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! Ahab was producing contrary fruits in  Galatians 5:19-21 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division,  envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God. No one throws stones at a fruitless tree. Make God your source to produce everlasting fruits.

Prayer: Father I abide in you, as I abide make me fruitful. Holy Spirit produce in me the fruits of the spirit and take away the works of the flesh in my life in Jesus' name. Amen

Kindly leave a prayer request, comment, or testimony via Email:gospelrevolutionmovement@gmail.com 
WhatsApp:+233551798111
Call: 0542624134
Send your support for the ministry via MTN MOBILE MONEY NUMBER: 0551798111

Comments

  1. Holy Spirit, Help Me So That I bear The Godly Fruits In Jesus Name.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts